You can use "RTMP" under Generic Target Destination on the Stream Target options for your Application in Wowza Streaming Engine Manager to create a Stream Target to Facebook Business Pages.
On the Generic RTMP Configuration page, provide the following information:
- Stream Target Name - A descriptive name for this target setup in Wowza Streaming Engine. The name must be unique and can't contain less-than (<), greater-than (>), colon ( : ), quotation (' and "), forward slash (/), backslash (), pipe (|), question mark (?), asterisk (*), double-dot (..), or tilde (~) characters.
- Source Stream Name - The name of the incoming stream that you specified in Wowza Streaming Engine when you set up the video source.
- Destination Application Name - The name of the application in the RTMP destination, if there is one.
- Destination Application Instance - The name of the application instance at the RTMP destination, if there is one.
- Destination Host - The hostname or IP address of the destination RTMP server. If your URL includes the rtmp:// prefix, you must remove it.
- Destination Port - The port number for your connection. RTMP connections use port 1935 by default.
- Destination Stream Name - The name of your stream at the RTMP destination.
- User Name and Password - Your user name and password for authentication at the RTMP destination
Find Example Below:
Since Facebook requires the generic RTMP stream target to send a secure RTMP stream to Facebook. You configure the send SSL property.
Once the target has been added. Then you can go to "Custom" option on the Stream Target just added and add the following custom property.
It is also possible to enable the RTMP stream target to send RTMPS content to the destination. Open the [install-dir]/conf/[application-name]/PushPublishMap.txt file in a text editor, find the entry for the RTMP stream target in the map file, and add "sendSSL":"true"
Once the Stream Target is added and enabled. The status should be showing "Active"
Whereas, on the Facebook Studio https://www.facebook.com/creatorstudio If you see the video source connected that means connection has been made successfully.
Then you can complete the post details and Go Live using Facebook Studio.