Common Error Messages
1. Check the [ssl-certificate-domain-name] was entered correctly in the Keystore path.
- An SSL certificate domain name example: 5ab4321c0d123.streamlock.net.
- Enter your StreamLock domain name in place of "[name]" in the Keystore path.
2. Confirm your password for the certificate is correct.
- The password you created when downloading the Streamlock Certificate will need to be entered when configuring Wowza Streaming Engine to use the StreamLock certificate. Check that the KeyStorePassword value in [install-dir]/conf/VHost.xml is correct.
3. Check the host port configured for SSL.
- The httpsPort number must be different from the httpPort number (8080).
- Make sure there's no other service running on the same computer that's using the newly assigned httpsPort port number.
- We suggest port 443 for SSL.
- Check that the port you are using is open to the firewall.
- If you are using a port other than 443, please replace 443 with the port number you are using.For example if you use port 8443: wss://5f044adxxxx.streamlock.net:8443/webrtc-session.json
4. Check the StreamLock certificate expiration date.
- After a StreamLock certificate has expired it can no longer be renewed, you will have to create a new StreamLock certificate and adjust any playback links that were using the previous certificate.
Troubleshoot SSL Certificate Configuration for Wowza Streaming Engine
Video Tutorial: How to Configure StreamLock with Streaming Engine